Easy “Ramen” at Home
Miso Soup Mix
Eggs, hard boiled
Salt/Pepper to taste
- Make the miso soup according to the directions on the package, then water it down a little bit (it’s pretty potent and still good with added water.)
- Season up the miso soup with salt/pepper to taste.
- Boil the rice noodles until done. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the chicken breasts until halfway done. Add the garlic, onions, carrots, and mushrooms.
- While your chicken and veggies cook together, hard boil your desired amount of eggs for 7-8 minutes. Rinse, cool, and dry before cutting in half.
- Assembly –> Broth – Chicken & Veggies – Noodles – Egg
Soup Bases: Shoyu, Shio
Proteins: Tofu, Shrimp, Scallops
Veggies: Scallions, Sprouts, Cabbage
Garnishes: Kimchi, Scallions, Pickled Ginger
Seasonings: Curry Powder, Chili Paste, Sesame Seeds
In our household, we LOVE Ramen night! Our favorite thing about it is how easy it is to switch it up! Our favorite combinations are the chicken one I stated above or a shrimp, curry, and scallion ramen. The more you make ramen for dinner, the more I think you’ll find you want to experiment with it.
I would love to know what kind of combinations you can think of, so comment them below!